28. Oktober 2010

Sony retires the Walkman!

If you are a kid from the 80′s then you’ll know what this is. I’m sure you’ve had that conversation with your kids before CDs, iPods, and MP3s there was your trusty cassette Walkman player and it’s now being retired by Sony. What was the first cassette you bought with your own money? After 30 years the Sony Walkman is now considered obsolete and will be retired. The last batch was shipped to Japanese retailers and new cassette players will not be manufactured. The first Walkman was released in July 1st, 1979 in Japan. I remember going everywhere with my Walkman and my tapes.  My first cassette that I bought with my own money was the [lastfm]Beastie Boys[/lastfm]‘ 1986 classic Licensed to Ill. What was your first piece of music that you bought with your money and specify if it was an LP, Cassette, or CD?


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen